Re: [SLUG] Video cards again again again...

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 01:21:39 EST

Mike Branda wrote:

>>Does that mean that it
>>wouldn't work, or am I way off in left field on my rationalization?
>>

>The key thing I've found that matters (outside of the supported res and
>gpu and such) is onboard dedicated video ram. if you get a 128mb or a
>256mb card you'll be fine. 64mb is pushing it for dual head and I think
>you'll hate the performance.

Well, I figured I would use a 256. I just don't want to put out the
money and have it barf when I configure the res on both screens. I get
a little cautious when it comes to the display since it has not always
been nice to me.

>Another question is are your CRT monitors digital/DVI or VGA?

VGA.

>If
>they're VGA and you are using the DVI to VGA adapter, then the res isn't
>really an issue. 21 inchers at 1600....hmmm you might really want the
>256 card. Are those Viewsonics by chance? Just a curious guess.

No, one is a Sony Trinitron, and the other is a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro.
(I'm trying to find a twin for the Mitsu for as cheap as I got this one.)

>Mike Branda Jr

Thanks for the input.

--
--Michael Hast  (the evyl robot)
"Fire is clean, fire is bright"  --Ray Bradbury, Ferinheight 451