Re: [SLUG] DLINK DWL-G630 802.11b/g

From: petetheisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 04:04:02 EST

Richard Smoot wrote:
> My wife's laptop is a Dell Latitude Pentium III 500MHZ with 256 Megs of ram.
> She is running SUSE 10.0. She wants to be able to use it when she travels.
> Are any of you using the DWL-G630 wireless PC card?
> Both Circuit City and CompUSA have them on sale for $29.99 after rebate.
> Is this card good in Linux?

Hi Richard!

Compatability with Linux comes and goes with D-Link. I am using a
DWL-G650, my understanding is that the current 630 does *not* work. A
year and a half ago it did work with some distros but then they changed it.

It is the same with the DWL-G650. I have the older one, then they went
to a different (probably cheaper) chip. One works, the other sort-of
works. It was a bugger to set up, I couldn't do it but Eric got it
working for me.

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/compatlistcat29-2-1-1.html

Regards,

Pete