RE: [SLUG] cisco router/wireless security

From: Darrin Jones (darrin@ravenrock.net)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 04:36:09 EST

> Plug the 806 LAN into the one of the netgear switch ports. This will
> bridge the ethernet and \wireless clients together into one LAN

Haha I completely forgot about that. =) I wanted the more robust security of
IOS on the cable modem and forgot to look at if from the other way. Nothing
important is on the wireless anyway except laptops and a windows machine.

There will be inbound HTTP and SMTP so I don't want to lock it down
completely. Thanks for looking at that for me and the advice. I have a much
better idea of how to do this now.

Darrin