Re: [SLUG] Online payments for small charity

From: Eric A. Hicks (lugmail@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 11:27:22 EST

petetheisen wrote:
> Hi Everybody!
>
> In case anyone wants to help support our program, I would like to
> provide a way. PayPal is obvious, except I know some people have had
> insurmountable problems with them. Stealing the money, freezing their
> bank accounts, etc., etc.
>
> Are there any others? The site is Joomla managed.
>
> <http://sun-health.org/>

keep searching Google. I forget the name of it, but I set up a church
once on an online donation system. The nice thing about it was that
100% of the donation goes to the charity. PayPal takes something like
2.5% of the transaction, which is a disincentive for donating to a charity.

http://www.networkforgood.org/ I think did free donations to charities,
but when I was considering them was about 7 years ago and I thought they
gave 100% to the charity. Now they charge like 4% or something.
However, there has to be a service out there that doesn't take a part of
the donate, keep looking.