Re: [SLUG] playing dvd's

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 15:21:27 EST

Mike Branda wrote:
> DVDs have a playback structure. You somehow are stuck in the top level "menu". Normally after playing through this if shifts to the next level which is where the actual menu is. Did you try pressing the menu button to see if it would shift you?

Yeah. Got nothing. I brought up the menu of navigation commands, but
none of them seem to do anything, and I don't really even know what
they're supposed to do.

FWIW, this particular DVD gives you (this is from memory), a whole
little program it runs first, making you think you have a virus and
asking you to respond, before you actually get to the "Play/Scene
Selection/etc." menu. It's a little bit of humor from the film's
director, I suppose.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster