Re: [SLUG] playing dvd's

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 16:28:07 EST

On Thursday 19 January 2006 10:05, Paul M Foster wrote:

> I just installed a machine which is actually capable of playing DVDs. So
> the other night, I popped in "Office Space" just to see what would
> happen. I fired up Xine and told it to go look for the DVD. I hit play,
> and it played the FBI warning, and then wouldn't play anything else. No
> menu for what was on the DVD, no nothing. Nice FBI warning, though. ;-}
> Any ideas?

Hmm, that's the one thing I like about Xine, it's ability to play all of the
menus etc. If that fails try loading any of the .VOB files. If that fails you
either have not installed libdecss or the dvd is damaged, or you have an
odd/poor DVD player.

I posted a link in this tread which has all the needed links to being able to
play dvd's, encrypted or not. I have a ton of DVDs and I can view them all.

With Mplayer I cannot see the menu's, while with Xine it will let me use the
mouse to select my way through the menus.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.