Re: [SLUG] playing dvd's

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 19:47:20 EST

>From: steve szmidt <steve@szmidt.org>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: Re: [SLUG] playing dvd's
>Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 16:28:07 -0500
>
>Hmm, that's the one thing I like about Xine, it's ability to play all of
>the
>menus etc. If that fails try loading any of the .VOB files. If that fails
>you
>either have not installed libdecss or the dvd is damaged, or you have an
>odd/poor DVD player.
>
>I posted a link in this tread which has all the needed links to being able
>play dvd's, encrypted or not. I have a ton of DVDs and I can view them all.
>
>With Mplayer I cannot see the menu's, while with Xine it will let me use
>the
>mouse to select my way through the menus.
>
>--
>
>Steve Szmidt

Totem (with gstreamer back-end) supports DVD menus. Although Totem with xine
as the back-end might work more smoothly. Ogle also supports DVD menus (I
believe it was the first Linux player to do so).

Totem - http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/
Ogle - http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/

-Jonathon