[SLUG] Talk: wifi chipset with open source drivers

From: Dylan Hardison (dylanwh@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 10:17:54 EST

At the next St. Petersburg meeting, Myself and Tina Waite (Spoony)
will be giving a little talk on our experiences with the RaLink 2500
chipset, which is an 802.11g chipset with open source drivers. In
addition to having open source drivers, one can buy a card with this
chipset for about $20 at any computer parts store (or even Wal Mart).

Also, I will present some information on the new open source broadcom
drivers, time-willing.

Of course, if nobody is intereted, then Aaron will tell us about his
secret mountain lair
or something. :)