Re: [SLUG] Edit PDF files

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 11:56:34 EST

On 1/21/06, Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> > But I must ask - why can't you go to the application that was used to
> > create the PDF and edit that, and re-export the PDF?
>
> Could be something like a dummy logo from the corporate offices for which
> only a PDF is supplied.

The question as it was put to me was "can you go into the text and change
it to remove some info and add other info?" And the idea was to go into
the PDF document and change those areas, the changes do not change
the AMOUNT of text just some wording and direction, the product is aimed
at amateur radio, we also want to do a commercial version, and the wording
needs to be changed somewhat to reflect this. I guess I will have to find out
who has the windows tool get access to it and go it that way. I do not really
want to have to go through all of the thrashing to change by exporting the
file and doing the changes then importing with possible font and size change
issues.

Let us put this one to rest, I think it has been beat to the point it
is now beyond
the dead horse/roadkill stage, this sucker is now ground meat....

Now if I can just get these DVD's to play on my SuSE box I will be happy.....

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;