Re: [SLUG] reporting spam

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 12:42:44 EST

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 12:08, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Richard Morgan wrote:
> > SA has been pretty good at catching spam on my servers, but sometimes
> > I'll get a
> > couple that slips through. Not that big of a deal. In the past I've
> > traced
> > spam back to the source network and tried to report it to that ISP but
> > usually
> > nothing happens so I don't waste my time with it. Most of the spam
> > now (it
> > seems) is coming from networks outside the U.S. and those companies
> > are harder
> > to deal with, IMHO.
>
> Hence the reason why you should have geeky fun with the spammers IP
> address instead of dealing with out of country people. Like my favorite
> was the lycos Make love not spam screensaver that did a http get request
> on spammer websites.

The thing to consider here is that a dynamic IP, in which case it could be
someone elses tomorrow.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.