Re: [SLUG] Mail check

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 15:43:46 EST

On Friday 10 February 2006 06:46, clever guy wrote:
> I just got my new ISP in Daytona (Ormond Beach, actually) and couldn't
> figure out why I wasn't getting anything. But this gmail account IS
> getting some of the traffic. My RR account got one day of traffic, then
> nothing for a week. I sent Paul a message direct, but got nothing back.
> I'm wondering if RR is blocking somehow. I hate it when computers try to
> "help".

Usually the best way to test your email is to send yourself one. If that works
then email is working with your ISP. There's no real difference in how email
coming from you is handled, than if it came from someone else.

And you will know if the recipient received it and read it.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.