Re: [SLUG] QMAIL PROBLEM

From: karthik mahadevan (karthikgm@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 09:38:09 EST

i started all services belongs to qmail
and i have added passwd to amail admin using command
htpasswd and i place the passwd file into vqadmin
folder in /var/www/cgi-bin/
user name admin passwd redhat
when i enter these passwd it's shows invalid
www.#######.com/cgi-bin/vqadmin tis is path to admin
login
ok
i am behind the firewall
my server name gateway (enter prises linux 4) gateway
receiving internet. i was built firewall very strongly
using SNAT and more than 20 computer's receiving
internet from the gateway.
we are having our own DNS server
pop up started

nmap gateway

Starting nmap 3.70 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ )
at 2006-02-25 20:07 IST
Interesting ports on gateway.______.com (___________):
(The 1640 ports scanned but not shown below are in
state: closed)
PORT STATE SERVICE
7/tcp open echo
21/tcp open ftp
22/tcp open ssh
23/tcp open telnet
25/tcp open smtp
53/tcp open domain
80/tcp open http
106/tcp open pop3pw
110/tcp open pop3
111/tcp open rpcbind
139/tcp open netbios-ssn
443/tcp open https
445/tcp open microsoft-ds
513/tcp open login
514/tcp open shell
543/tcp open klogin
721/tcp open unknown
737/tcp open unknown
2049/tcp open nfs
32770/tcp open sometimes-rpc3

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned
in 0.353 seconds

*****

qmailctl stat
/service/qmail-send: up (pid 3327) 6739 seconds
/service/qmail-send/log: up (pid 3328) 6739 seconds
/service/qmail-smtpd: up (pid 3329) 6739 seconds
/service/qmail-smtpd/log: up (pid 3326) 6739 seconds
/service/qmail-pop3d: up (pid 3333) 6739 seconds
/service/qmail-pop3d/log: up (pid 3334) 6739 seconds
messages in queue: 1
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed

what can i do for this problem?
outgoing mail is going using mail command
but when type the server name in thunder bird, it's
showing error.....

--- Levi Bard
<taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > i configured qmail last night till i can't able
> > > login into the mail box
> > > pop is not responding. smtp is working fine.
> login
> > > session not working in qmailadmin & squiremail.
> how
> > > can i recover my mail box and how to add user
> and
> > > changing password in the database.
>
> Did you set up pop and/or imap, or just smtp?
>
> --
> Debianista!

> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet
> service by Networked
> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions
> expressed in messages
> posted are those of the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the
> official policy or position of NKS or any of its
> employees.

urs
karthik