Re: [SLUG] kernel version?

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 00:12:41 EST

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, michael hast wrote:

>> It's pretty easy, once you get a working starting point. I can give you one
>> for 2.6.15.1 . It greatly improves boot time.
>
> I think I may like to take you up on that.

eben@pc:~$ gzip -9v < src/linux-2.6.15.1/.config > web/config-2.6.15.1.gz
  75.4%

http://24.94.123.65:81/config-2.6.15.1.gz

> How will that complicate my configuration on my nvidia drivers?

If they work at more more than a basic level, they'll work all the way. I'd
say, make sure AGP is enabled. There's some stuff related to video, but
since I use an Nvidia card too (with the eee-vil binary-only driver), out
setups might be similar in that regard. Well, except for the 2-heads vs.
1-head thing...

> I'm having a hard enough time getting this thing installed even as it is.
> I know it's supposed to be simple, but I'm coming up with complications
> left and right.

Eh, that's computers for you.

Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use? A: A purple Hayes. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.