Re: [SLUG] OT: OpenSalarus

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 18:25:15 EST

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 10:38 am, Robert Snyder wrote:
> Eben King wrote:

> >> Well I still can spell Solaris in my sleep. And typos are expected from
> >> weerobby
> >
> > for foo in right wrong ; do
> > echo "Just because someone spells one thing $foo sometimes does not
> > mean
> > he spells it $foo always. It could be a transient thing."
> > done
> >
> > (Admittedly, the odds of transience diminish with repetition.)
>
> We are not talking about to too and two or there their and they're .
> But only reason I mention it in the first place is that he posted a link
> where in the url was the word solaris. I could see a mistake of
> solarus if you ever if you pronounc it as a us like the movie
> announcer guy did for that really bad george clooney movie Solaris but
> the way they were saying it made it sound more like Solarus than
> solaris. But again lets not start in on this I as I wperosnally would
> like to see how many different ways people would like to spell solaris.

Hi All

Sorry for the confusion but as this has became an issue I will explain.

Some of you may recall that two or maybe it was three months back I tried to
install the JDBC and ODBC connectors so that I could access Mysql databases
in my laptop. The end results of this was that I crashed the laptop as the
latest [at that time] Mandrake 10.1 connectors were incompatible with
Mandrake 10.1. Bottom line system crashed and I reinstall complete system.
Since that time I have been deligently attempting to establish exactly what
system I would like to install back in the laptop. Mandrake is out because of
current policies of charging for downloads and Mandrake club issues.

What does this have to do with the spelling error. Simple I half ass did a
reinstall. Some portions work some do not and I see no reason to fix the
parts that do not as this system is going to be upgraded as soon as possible.
One of the thing that is misconfigured is my screen. It is almost impossible
to read. Meaning "o"s and "a"s look a lot alike. so if one is in a hurry one
can easily read Salaras as being spelled correct as Solaras.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

SOTL