Re: [SLUG] Console keys in Xterms

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 15:59:58 EST

Levi Bard wrote:
>>Console: linux
>>Xterm: xterm
>

> Is there any change if you set TERM to linux in your xterm?

No difference. However, there are other oddities. I had the source
around for the prior version, so I decided to compile that in an xterm
and see if it made any difference. Worked great! But it was 1.9.17, not
the latest 1.9.18. So I downloaded the source for the Debian 1.9.18
version, and compiled it. It *didn't* work properly. I'd have to diff
the whole source tree to find the differences, and then weed out the
ones that are actually relevant. Ugh.

So the earlier version works. But I'm still curious about how the
keyboard infrastructure works in X as opposed to the console.

--
Paul M. Foster