Re: [SLUG] kernel version?

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 08:21:48 EST

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 22:32, Eben King wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, steve szmidt wrote:

> I don't see it as hypocritical to drive yet complain about the DMV, or have
> a phone yet whine about Verizon. Yes, you could ride a bike everywhere and
> cut yourself off from the world. Some people do it.

How true, look at the Chineese. One reason they fell so far behind.

> If I could program worth a darn, I would. I can't yet. With practice...

Well it looks like you are doing some bash scripting. That's programming too.

The best programmers are really good at differentiating. Seing identities and
similarities. They can look at a problem and take it apart into it's smallest
parts. Then having seen how it _really_ works they can write the program to
effectively solve it.

This is why Linus is so good. A very "clean", or unfogged, mind to aim at any
one problem.

As a side note on being a good programmer; I discovered that mercury fillings
are very toxic. In fact there's no safe quantity that you can put in a human
body. The new (as in since around 1900) ADA says they only use pure mercury.
(The old one lost members, but they were against mercury.)

The side effects are many. People have different reactions to it (it does leak
but at different rates for different people). One common reaction is a lack
of free attention units to operate with. Only being able to focus on one
thing, and easily loose concentration.

Another is having a really hard time finding words. Memory not being so
effective anymore. The good thing is that once you get the mercury out of the
teeth, and then flush it out of the body, you regain your "smarts".

> > Too many people find reasons to hate and call each other evil, rather
> > than focusing on the positive. I'm sure you are a nice guy and all that.
>
> I don't think that on the whole they're bad guys, it's just that some
> things could change. It isn't an "all or nothing" deal.

Yes, that's how I feel.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.