Re: [SLUG] kernel version?

From: Ian Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 11:31:44 EST

steve szmidt wrote:
> As a side note on being a good programmer; I discovered that mercury
> fillings
> are very toxic. In fact there's no safe quantity that you can put in a human
> body. The new (as in since around 1900) ADA says they only use pure mercury.
> (The old one lost members, but they were against mercury.)
>
> The side effects are many. People have different reactions to it (it does leak
> but at different rates for different people). One common reaction is a lack
> of free attention units to operate with. Only being able to focus on one
> thing, and easily loose concentration.
>
> Another is having a really hard time finding words. Memory not being so
> effective anymore. The good thing is that once you get the mercury out of the
> teeth, and then flush it out of the body, you regain your "smarts".

I'm not sure what this has to do with the price of eggs in China, but ok.

Try reading these:

    http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a2_428.html

    http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/mercury.html

    http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/positions/statements/amalgam.asp

That's my view anyway. I'm not much of one for holistic medicines.

Now, something linux related so I don't get smacked for being completely
OT...

Linus generally has the people skills to work through conflict, and the
self deprecating humor enough never to take anything personally. These
traits have served him well in building and promoting a kernel to run on
virtually all computing platforms available today. That is no small feat.

Everyone is touch a touch crazy. It's part of the human experience.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>