[SLUG] Local Training

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 15:28:12 EST

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: Re: [SLUG] Local Training
Date: Thursday 02 March 2006 11:42
From: Wayne Pollock <pollock@acm.org>
To: Mario Lombardo <mario@alienscience.com>

Mario,

As you know I can't post to the SLUG list easily,
as a digest-only subscriber it is forbidden. Please
post this for me, thanks!

-Wayne Pollock

JPugh@novell.com wrote:

> As for general Linux education, there are serveral course providers in
> the area for instructor led, however, I don't know of any that utilize
> instructors with real-world experience. I would opt to go for a self
> study based course to get the basics of linux/unix first then get the
> specific training on a particular distribution. There are several free
> courses on novell.com to get you started.

HCC (Hillsborough Community College) offers several courses, a whole
degree program as well as a one year college credit certificate
for Unix/Linux system administration. That's at least six course
with hands-on training with Linux. The lead instructor for these
course has considerable real-world experience. (Okay, it is me. :-)

Check out our Introduction to Unix/Linux, Administration I, and the
other course syllabi and see for yourself the topics, resources,
projects, and depth of coverage of our courses:

        http://www.hccfl.edu/pollock/

I'll be at the next Tampa meeting, which is held at HCC. You are all
invited to check out our facilities and to ask me anything you
wish about our programs.

-Wayne Pollock