Re: [SLUG] Slackware myths dispelled, was Premier TBAD Mtg. ANNOUNCEMENT

From: Richard Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 12:29:43 EST

Quoting Robert Snyder <res03q8w@gte.net>:

> Again the only dependencies i ran into lately have been some gnome
> specfic ones that I simply installed free rock gnome slackware
> packages to fix... Example glade and orbit and a few other libs.

Yeah, things like this could cause you some dependency issues since Slack
dropped Gnome and Patrick is trying to drop as many Gnome libraries as
possible
to completely get away from it... hence the recent decision to drop Abiword:

"OK, I think I have everything that used libreadline.so.4 recompiled
with the exception of AbiWord, as the --disable-gnome option no
longer seems to work with abiword-2.4.2 -- it still demands
libgnomeprint and all of its dependencies. Anyone know a way around
this one? If not, AbiWord will likely be removed soon. It's
included in all of the GNOME distributions for Slackware anyway..."