Re: [SLUG] Linux Certification

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 15:41:08 EST

> does anyone know which is the most widely respected Linux Certification? I
> have been researching LPI, Comptia's Linux+ and Redhat's RHCE and RHCT. My
> choice is RHCE/RHCT because of their rapid growth over the past year. I
> even read that their growth has exceeded Novell's last year. Novell has a
> Linux Certification as well, but it sounds like a sinking ship at the
> moment. I am partial to RedHat because it is the system that I learned when
> I made the plunge.

We had a similar discussion on my local LUG recently:

http://www.flux.org/pipermail/linux/2006-February/018470.html

One of the things that came from this discussion was the idea of a weekly gathering
to study for a certification. We're in the South Florida area, but when the mailling
list for the study session is established, you're certainly welcome to join even if
you can't make the meetings.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@digitalhermit.com