Re: [SLUG] Todays puzzle

From: Richard Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 11:35:00 EST

You could set up a cron job to check for the existance of the firefox process
and start it if it's not found. I don't know about checking every 10 seconds
since that might use a lot of CPU resources... maybe every minute at the most.

Do you have any other services running on the Mepis box? Someone might be
logging into Telnet or SSH via your wireless connection and shutting down the
box that way. It would be easy to sniff your passwords over the wireless
network if you're using Telnet (since telnet doesn't encrypt network traffic).

Change your user and root passwords ASAP and turn off services that you don't
need. Also, check for rootkits. You might have been pwned in the process.

Sincerely,
Richard Morgan
Heavy Systems Administrator
http://www.heavysystems.com
Powerful web hosting and server solutions for your business.
Heavy Systems is an Authorized AMD Solution Provider.