Re: [SLUG] {Fraud?} {Disarmed} SFTP confusion

From: Keith Lelacheur (themercuryman@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 12:27:00 EST

On 3/9/06, Daniel Jarboe <daniel.jarboe@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [root@LNXPROCSVR radreports]# sftp -v sftpuser@10.10.10.10
> > Connecting to 10.10.10.10...
>
> How about logs on the server side? With either your sshd_config
> specifying LogLevel DEBUG1, or starting sshd standalone with
> /path/to/sshd -d.
>
> When you reach the point where your client requests subsystem sftp, do
> you see something like:
>
> subsystem request for sftp
> debug1: subsystem: exec() /path/to/sftp-server
>
> in the syslog file for your sshd messages?
> ~ Daniel

I would love to be able to get those logs, unfortunately they are not
accessable to me. I have been "reassured" that nothing has changed on the
server side since the day when it was working. The server has other clients
that are still able to have successful logins so I tend to believe them. I
was wondering if it could have anything to do with the public/private key
files that are generated and stored locally.