Re: [SLUG] {Fraud?} {Disarmed} SFTP confusion

From: Daniel Jarboe (daniel.jarboe@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 12:53:11 EST

> I would love to be able to get those logs, unfortunately they are not
> accessable to me. I have been "reassured" that nothing has changed on the
> server side since the day when it was working. The server has other clients
> that are still able to have successful logins so I tend to believe them. I
> was wondering if it could have anything to do with the public/private key
> files that are generated and stored locally.

The public/private key business is already finished before you make
your sftp subsystem request. Another thing to try is to log in with
regular ssh, grep for sftp in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, and try to run the
program specified (you will need to ^C out of it, assuming you can
start it). The point of the exercise is to verify that sshd will be
able to exec the sftp subsystem program from your shell when you
logon.

~ Daniel