[SLUG] Super 3D in X-windows

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 10:17:55 EST

Well!

It looks like Novell is trying really hard, successfully I might add, to
deliver a top notch system. With the OSS release of XGL we can now give
X-windows the power available in most of our video cards. Many people today
have pretty decent 3D capabilities which X simply cannot utilize.

A tester of Gentoo with XGL installed said he would have liked to say it was
"breathtaking", "astonishing" and "jawdropping" but simply could not say so.
It would be a "gross understatement"!

A live CD is available called Kororaa. Beware heavy traffic on servers!

http://kororaa.org

I think we'll see more people moving to SuSE... : ) Kinda funny after last
weeks discussion. Novell is also dropping their name on the distro and going
back to calling it SuSE.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.