Re: [SLUG] Super 3D in X-windows

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 10:42:32 EST

On Monday 13 March 2006 10:15, Richard Morgan wrote:
> Quoting steve szmidt <steve@szmidt.org>:
> > I'd love to see this under my KDE setup but I'm not entirely sold on it's
> > rotating value other than for effect. I do however love the ability to
> > move windows around without any dragging refresh following the window.
>
> There's some practical value to XGL - different windows can have
> different color
> depths. Now console windows in X don't have to be rendered in 24-bit color
> taking up way more memory than you need. 8-bit color console windows
> is a nice
> added benefit saving memory and increasing performance.

Yes, there's good depth to your point.

I'm all for it's performance improvement, though I prefer KDE's windows
switching. There I can drag windows around between desktops via the Pager.
Just click and drag between desktops.

Now if we can have all that speed too...

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.