RE: [SLUG] WiFI Ripoff

From: Mason Mullins (mason_mullins@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 00:48:03 EST

Yeah, the short term WiFI spots can be expensive. I'm a truck driver and use
WiFi at truckstops all across the country. I can't really complain about the
price though because I pay by the month. As long as I stop at a truckstop of
the same chain, it's covered. On the rare occassions I have to stop at
another "brand" of truckstop, I usually just buy a 24 hour subscription for
around 5 bucks.

I have even started running across McDonalds that have free WiFi hotspots,
mostly in Indiana.

I love the fact that I can pull into a truckstop and get online right from
my truck. Comes in very handy.

Everything is expensive in airports so WiFi isn't likely to be an exception.

Mason

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.