NOW: Mail Blocking -- WAS: [SLUG] WiFI Ripoff

From: Mike Branda (realraccoon@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2006 - 00:24:16 EST

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 22:48 -0500, Paul M Foster wrote:
> chris lee wrote:
>
> > also our email was shutdown since june because of a bot, no ammount of
> > explaniation would get them to turn it back on.
>
> A similar situation is why we're moving our hosting. We share an IP with
> lord knows who, and occasionally someone will complain to spamcop about
> some email receive by some other company on our IP. Our host won't give
> us a separate IP, soooo.....
>
> (Actually, that's only one reason, but the most important.)
>
> Paul

Funny you guys should mention this....

We're currently hosting (at the office) with Dreamhost out of Calif. and
I am fighting with them on issues of AOL blocking our outbound e-mailsto
their customers due to supposed high traffic. This started last week.
Dreamhost says they have conferred with AOL and have fixed the blocking
issue but e-mails still bounce with the same AOL error code. And of
course the end user doesn't give a rip why it's happening. All they
know is they can't complete daily tasks involving AOL recipients because
of it and somehow I'm to blame. I'm all in favor of reducing spam but
there has to be a less abrasive method and better resolutions than what
is starting to take place at ISP's.

Mike Branda Jr.