[SLUG] ndiswrapper in Debian Etch

From: Mason Mullins (mason_mullins@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2006 - 16:45:17 EST

I recently bought a new laptop and decided to install Debian on it. I've
been using Slackware on my desktop machine for years and wanted to play
around with Debian on the laptop just for something a tad different as I;ve
not spent too much time with Debian.

I installed (currently reinstalling) Debian testing (Etch). I can't seem to
get ndiswrapper installed. I used apt-get to install the kernel source,
module assistant, headers, and ndiswrapper source and ndiswrapper tools.

I get "unconfigured kernel source" errors from module assistant. I try to
compile ndiswrapper and get assorted errors about unable to find kernel
source and such even though I ensured the links were there.

Has anyone had any success installing and using ndiswrapper in Etch? Any
help would be appreciated. I am so frustrated at this point am tempted to
just install Slack on it and forget about it, but I really hate to give up.
Mason

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.