Re: [SLUG] google.com redirected after connecting to hotspot

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 22:37:58 EDT

>From: "Sick Twist" <thesicktwist@hotmail.com>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: Re: [SLUG] google.com redirected after connecting to hotspot
>Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:16:53 -0400
>
>>From: Eben King <eben1@tampabay.rr.com>
>>To: slug@nks.net
>>Subject: Re: [SLUG] google.com redirected after connecting to hotspot
>>Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:26:52 -0400 (EDT)
>>
>>Sounds like your home page got changed. Can you browse to what _should_
>>be your home page, then set it as such? Heck, I use the SessionSaver
>>extension; like Opera, it re-opens the pages you used last time. Obviates
>>the whole "home page" thing.
>>
>>--
>>-eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm
>
>Nope--that's the first thing that I checked. I wish it were that simple. :(
>
>Even if I type in http://www.google.com/ manually, Epiphany still gets
>redirected. Perhaps it's a bug in Epiphany or Network-Manager?
>
>-Jonathon

Figured it out...sort of. The problem was related to a page that was stored
in Epiphany's cache. The page was set up to automatically redirect to that
business. For some reason, every time I tried to visit google Epiphany would
load the cached page instead of downloading a new one from google itself. I
deleted all of the files in ~/.gnome2/epiphany/mozilla/epiphany/Cache and
that solved the problem. Weird huh?

-Jonathon