Re: [SLUG] Sites on IP

From: Logan Tygart (thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 19:11:15 EDT

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 00:36 -0400, steve szmidt wrote:
> On Monday 10 April 2006 22:41, Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> > The problem is this: periodically, we get blocked by spamhaus, spamcop
> > or the like. This doesn't happen because of our activities.
>
> Yes, I'm too aware of this dilemma.

This is laziness, on the part of your provider. I BOFH my clients. If
my clients want to send spam, they can go somewhere else or set up a
mailing list. No further discussion.

I employ these RBL's: spamhaus, spamcop, korea.services.net and
cbl.abuseat.org. None of my clients have problems receiving nor
delivering mail. Some of you see RBLs as ineffectual, but you are
wrong. My use of RBL blacklists has shown fellow sysadmins the way to
correct a multitude of problems.

But then again, I encounter webmonkeys who feel they are fully qualified
systems administrators; because their associates degrees, in graphic
design, bestows them such knowledge.

The only time my clients have been unable to send mail to others is when
the "others" DNS is not properly set up. An example:

http://www.allyourbase-arebelongto.us/node/41

The Logan

--
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been. -- Gerald Ford
Registered Linux User: 277727