Re: Now RBL's. Was Re: [SLUG] Sites on IP

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 23:32:55 EDT

Jason Boxman wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 20:42, Logan Tygart wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 20:22 -0400, steve szmidt wrote:
>>
>>>On Tuesday 11 April 2006 19:47, Richard Morgan wrote:
>>>
>>>It's hard to knock people trying their best to solve a problem not solved
>>>so far. It's also too easy to get on these blacklists and not easy enough
>>>to get off. Not easy to balance...
>>
>>Hogwash. If your IP is on one of these lists, you deserve it. There is
>>no reason why my mail server should accept mail from open-relays,
>>non-existant email addresses, nor spoofers. Until administrator
>>incompetency is abated from the internet, RBL's are a simple step to
>>bypass the incompetent. I prefer to reject an email, than waste CPU
>>cycles, trying to deliver and eventually /dev/nulling garbage. My
>>client's indicate they appreciate it too.
>

> I find your righteous arrogance amusing.

BTW folks, we discourage flamewars on this list.

Logan, by his own admission is a "BOFH"*. This completely explains his
attitude, whether you find that attitude amusing, objectionable, or
fully justified.

*For those not aware of this, BOFH stands for "B*st*rd Operator From
Hell". For a clue about what this is (as if the name doesn't say it
all), see: http://www.theregister.co.uk/odds/bofh/ . Or probably better,
wikipedia it; they actually *explain* it.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster