RE: [SLUG] Novell's CTO Blog - new entry

From: Jason Boxman (jasonb@edseek.com)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 14:50:31 EDT

Robert Snyder wrote:
> Get off your damn high horse.
>

> a. DRM has not stopped me from doing anything I would not normally do with a
> CD except burning 100 copies of the same songs at one time.

True, but neither does it stop Joe Pirate who uses industrial processes on a
large scale to duplicate the CD and _sell_ those for a profit.

> b. I take it from machine to machine and even have them on a network share.
> C. Please tell me one thing DRM is going to stop me from doing.

A leash is still a leash.

Wearing said leash fails to prevent the aforementioned activity from
occuring while being the claimed primary motivator for such restriction.

Odd, no?