Re: [SLUG] stretch screensaver across multiple monitors

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2006 - 19:49:31 EDT

>From: michael hast <evylrobot19@cox.net>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: Re: [SLUG] stretch screensaver across multiple monitors
>Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:03:00 -0500
>
><snip>
>
>BTW--some of the Open GL screensavers look really cool stretched across
>both screens. Some others, not so much. And, it's not necessarily the
>ones that you would think.

My boss and I have been playing around with the used monitors and old PCI
video cards at the computer shop where I work. On machine running
<cough>Windows</cough> has _five_ monitors attached to it and is running a
screensaver called Psychedelic[1] that is stretched across all five
screens--it looks incredible! Another box that we put together is running
Ubuntu with three monitors hooked up. I have xscreensaver running different
hacks on each monitor and changing them every 5 minutes. It looks neat but I
would really like to see if I can duplicate what the other box is doing.

Unfortunately a lot of the cards are quite old (Matrox Millenium and such)
so the really nifty OpenGL hacks make them choke. However, there are still
quite a few cool 2D screensavers to pick from.

-Jonathon