Re: [SLUG] [PIG] First post

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 03:11:20 EDT

On Mon, 1 May 2006, petetheisen wrote:

> Hi Dylan, Everybody!
>
> What is your recommendation for a basic tutorial in C or "pig" programming
> (i.e: whatever we will be using on pig), for that matter. I need to start
> somewhere. Are these free ones any good?
>
> http://www.techbooksforfree.com/ccpp.shtml
>
> I have a charity project that I have been working on for ten years. I have a
> data design and a number of tables but I lack programming ability to get
> anything out of these.
>
> On a related matter, there is some discussion on C, a little about C+ and
> rather more on C++? What makes C + or ++?

Never heard of "C+". "++" is a C thing (bash and maybe other have picked it
up too) meaning "increment". E.G., "x++" means "x=x+1". It's just
shorthand. Likewise for "--" = "decrement". The designers were saying that
"C++" is one better than C, I think.

As to the main question, sorry, dunno.

LEO:  Now is not a good time to photocopy your butt and staple
it to your boss' face, oh no.  Eat a bucket of tuna-flavored pudding
and wash it down with a gallon of strawberry Quik.  -- Weird Al