Re: [SLUG] [PIG] First post

From: petetheisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 02:55:24 EDT

Dylan William Hardison wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Mario Lombardo <mario@alienscience.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday 26 April 2006 21:55, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
>>
>>>if (SDL_BYTEORDER == SDL_BIG_ENDIAN) {
>>> color = SDL_MapRGBA(dst->format, colorptr[0], colorptr[1],
>>>colorptr[2], colorptr[3]);
>>>} else {
>>> color = SDL_MapRGBA(dst->format, colorptr[3], colorptr[2],
>>>colorptr[1], colorptr[0]);
>>>}
>>>
>>What language is that? Ha! The non-programmer speaks.
>
> it is C.

Hi Dylan, Everybody!

What is your recommendation for a basic tutorial in C or "pig"
programming (i.e: whatever we will be using on pig), for that matter. I
need to start somewhere. Are these free ones any good?

http://www.techbooksforfree.com/ccpp.shtml

I have a charity project that I have been working on for ten years. I
have a data design and a number of tables but I lack programming ability
to get anything out of these.

On a related matter, there is some discussion on C, a little about C+
and rather more on C++? What makes C + or ++?

Regards,

Pete