Re: [SLUG] [PIG] Java Text (was First Post)

From: Aubrey Griffin (aubreygriffin@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 15:40:21 EDT

--- Robert Waldo <rjw6844@gmail.com> wrote:

> try this website: www.htmlgoodies.com , they have a
> large amount of java
> learning resources
>
> On 5/1/06, John Kinary <john.kinary@verizon.net>
> wrote:

> however, I've found the
> Hours" books to generally
> > >>

> > > Aww, shoot. I just picked up a Java in 24 Hours
> book yesterday based on
> > > recommendation. I need to assimilate Java in a
> month... Any suggestions
> > on a text
> > > for self study?
> > >

> > Kawan,
> >
> > Try Bruce Eckel's "Thinking in Java" both the
> first and second edition.
> >
> > John

> > This list is provided as an unmoderated internet
> service by Networked
> > Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions
> expressed in messages
> > posted are those of the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the
> > official policy or position of NKS or any of its
> employees.

There is a website, http://www.javapassion.com/, that
has materials for a number of Java classes, including
a introductory Java class. The direct link for the
Java intro class is
http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro1/.

The book that is used for the introductory class is
here,
http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro1/course_notes/Student%27s%20manual/PDF/_JEDI%20Course%20Notes-Intro1-MasterDocument.pdf

Have fun.

Aubrey Griffin