Re: [SLUG] gnucash

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 11:46:55 EDT

On Sunday 07 May 2006 11:25, Possum wrote:
> I gave QB 2005 a try in wine and it wouldn't install, let alone
> run...perhaps it's too late of a version to be supported. I might
> give a demo of XOver Office a try, but as
> a few of you have mentioned... it IS mission-critical software...

I've not used that combination for years so who knows what changes they have
made. Then buy a commercial program.

I bought and installed Accpac Corporate version on a Linux server and it ran
just fine. Verify if the Linux front end is available. It does not depend on
SQL as it says. I spent over $250,000 to customize it a couple of years ago.
They claim using a SQL backend and so on which is totally false.

It is otherwise one of the friendliest accounting programs I've seen in a long
time. Uses BTREE backend from (I cannot recall their name, but starts with a
P) which is a very service minded company. BTREE is also very fast.

If you are not looking into customizing it then I can really recommend it.
They have many modules and it scales very well. I had no problems installing
and running it. Low CPU load on a RH server.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.