Re: [SLUG] discount on books

From: Max F Lang (mflang@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun May 07 2006 - 16:16:48 EDT

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 17:13, Mario Lombardo wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 May 2006 15:18, aaron steimle wrote:
> > from O'Reilly:
> > Get 30% off a single book or 35% off two or more books from
> > O'Reilly, No Starch, Paraglyph, PC Publishing, Pragmatic

One thing to this program's regard: if you buy with the DSUG
discount, OReilly will only send you the latest printing of the
book. If you buy from a brick/mortar or online bookstore, you
likely will get an older printing. And that may have odd mistakes
corrected in newer printings. Of course, the newer printing may
introduce new mistakes... ;)

It shocked me going through the errata of Learning Perl, 3rd
edition, that some mistakes were not corrected through several
printings of the book, white some mistakes were corrected, and even
a couple were introduced. Always check OReilly's online catalog for
errata after buying an OReilly book.