Re: [SLUG] gnucash

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Mon May 08 2006 - 21:08:41 EDT

Possum wrote:
> Err...I was skimming through Accpac's site...and just...wow!
>
> It's a bit much for small business accounting (ala Quickbooks), but it
> looks like an awesome program nonetheless. The front-end you speak of
> is not listed on the site, and it lists WINE as a system requirement.
>
> If I can't find a viable alternative to QB for small business
> accounting, I will be sure to give this a second thought, but I'd like
> to try to turn my dad onto GNUCash or something similar first.
>
> Thanks :)

Speaking of GNUCash, since that was the original subject of this thread,
I thought you might like to hear the resolution that I ultimately came
to. I'm not sure what I had jacked up that was keeping the thing from
working, but apparently that was the issue. Since it was a new install,
I tried the old tried-and-true nuke and reinstall. Now, it works fine.
I can't believe how fast an application of that size runs on this PII!
I would like to get to the level that I can get in there and figure out
WHAT is wrong and FIX it, but in the meantime, I'm afraid that a fresh
install is sometimes the best solution. Thanks, everyone!

--Michael