Re: [SLUG] Interesting Citrix problem

From: Tom Suzda (tsuzda@verizon.net)
Date: Sat May 13 2006 - 07:18:16 EDT

On Thursday 11 May 2006 7:52 pm, you wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 16:34, Tom Suzda wrote:
> > > Actually if she makes her office computer, which must be
> > > connected to the "screw" she can create a remote "printer" on her
> > > computer which points to the screw printer.
> >
> > I'm not sure I'm following you. I know she can share her printer at
> > her 'real' office, but she wants to print locally, on our LaserJet
> > 4/4M PS, here at home, when she is working from home.
>
> Yes, but if she can create a shareable printer on her office computer
> you can select that new printer and redirect it to your home... You
> had Citrix running yes?
>
> With Citrix I think you can tell it to print locally.

After playing with it a little, and talking with her at her office, she
already shares her printer, but I don't see it at home on Citrix.

She actually doesn't see her desktop, only the published apps that are
available to her. The rest of Citrix is running perfectly from home.
She can run any of the published apps with no problem. Just when she
tells it to print, she has 2 options in the printer selection drop
downs, Print_To_Fax, or Print_To_PDF. No other printers are listed. At
her office at work, she sees about 10 different printers she has access
to.