RE: [SLUG] Protecting linux against loss of power

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 06:50:52 EDT

>> they just turn off the machine without doing a proper shutdown.
>> Something that will prevent loss of data? Anything?

Education. I had clients that did that, so I described it as being the same
thing as their husband/wife putting the car in park, while driving at 60.
You might not break the transmission the first time, but you _will_ destroy
it sooner or later.

Would you be frustrated that you couldn't convince him/her that it was a
destructive action?

That usually did the trick.

Ken Elliott