Re: [SLUG] USB Serial port devices

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 15:00:46 EDT

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Chuck Hast wrote:

> On 6/4/06, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:

>> > Where do I find the script.
>>
>> /etc/init.d/hotplug
>
> It is there, but looks like it calls other control files to start up
> chunks.. I do not
> see a clear one for USB so it must be in one of the oher files.

Maybe /etc/hotplug/usb.rc?

root@pc:~# head -4 /etc/hotplug/usb.rc
#!/bin/sh
# vim: syntax=sh
#
# usb.rc This brings the USB subsystem up and down safely.

Calling that, unmodified, with "stop"/"start" parameters should do what you
want.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   http://royalty.no-ip.org:81

Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Derived from Robert Heinlein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.