[SLUG] OT - Ballmer 'discovers' spyware

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 14:34:47 EDT

I got a kick out of this. Tells you a lot about why Windows is so full of
holes.

>From the article:

Allchin says Ballmer, the world's 13th wealthiest man with a fortune of
about $18 billion, spent almost two days trying to rid the PC of worms,
viruses, spyware, malware and severe fragmentation without success.

He lumped the thing back to Microsoft's headquarters and turned it over to a
team of top engineers, who spent several days on the machine, finding it
infected with more than 100 pieces of malware, some of which were nearly
impossible to eradicate.

"This really opened our eyes to what goes on in the real world," Allchin
told the audience.

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,19345228%5E15865%5E%5Enbv%5E
,00.html

Ken Elliott