Re: [SLUG] Asterisk - TrixBox

From: Chris Mathey (slug@mathey.org)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 13:58:07 EDT

Eben King wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Levi Bard wrote:
>
>> Thank goodness this thread was disarmed.
>

> Yeah. Can't have a thread shooting at people.

Has anyone on the list put together a asterix install or idea's they
would like to share?

I would like to build asterix on a VM on my main server and link it up
with Boadvoice or similar. I have a Cisco 7690 ip phone for my office
and like the ability to use a softphone when I VPN into my home network.

I probably would mirror it somewhat like my vonage setup.
I work alot from my home office so I forward my business office phone
to my vonage line. So I don't miss any calls Vonage also simultaniously
rings my cell phone. If someone leaves me a voicemail @ my vonage
mailbox I configure it to send an email to the majordomo setup running
on my domain. From there it sends txt notifications to cell, pager, et
al I add to majordomo.

-Chris