Re: [SLUG] Centos questions

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 21:58:05 EDT

> I would bet Oracle and the Apache/PHP stuff will work just fine. I would
> get a little fuzzy about the Shark. Storage arrays are like a black art.
>
> Good new is the basic support for RHEL4 ES is only $350/year or $.96/day
> up can feed one unpatched server. Not really _that_ bad. RHEL5 is also
> coming out in beginning of next year. I actually just got back from the
> RedHat Summit in Nashville. If your interested I can give you all the
> PDF's from the talks.

I think we'll end up with one full license ($700), and two basic licenses. Cost is
an issue for several reasons, the main one being that the system's functionality is
being rolled into another app within 18 months. The PDFs would be welcome! Thanks
again for your response.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@digitalhermit.com