Re: [SLUG] scp problems

From: John Pugh (jpugh@novell.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 06:54:39 EDT

<Pine.LNX.4.64.0606271839270.2851@pc.verizon.net>, Eben King
<eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
> I can't scp files into my box. "Out of" works. This puts a crimp on
my
> activities remotely, as you might imagine. I can log in via ssh from
the
> same IP address, no problem. Here are the logs when I'm trying a
transfer
> (it transfers 16k then hangs):

Sounds more like a "intermediary" problem (router/firewall blocking
something or switch port negotiation problem) to me with this detail. If
you are getting the connection built up and the file starts to xfer,
then look further down the stack because it appears that SSH/SFTP is
working, but something in the physical/datalink/network layer is not
100%. Ethereal is your friend here.

> ==> auth.log <==
> Jun 27 18:42:01 pc CRON[4491]: (pam_unix) session opened for user
eben by
> (uid=0)
> Jun 27 18:42:01 pc CRON[4491]: (pam_unix) session closed for user
eben
> Jun 27 18:42:11 pc sshd[4497]: Accepted password for eben from
> 131.247.xxx.xxx port 2779 ssh2
> Jun 27 18:42:11 pc sshd[4519]: (pam_unix) session opened for user
eben by
> (uid=0)
> Jun 27 18:42:11 pc sshd[4519]: subsystem request for sftp
>
> I tried using pscp instead of WinSCP, and using/not using
compression, and