[SLUG] select() on a serial port

From: Bill Glidden (bill@thegliddenfamily.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 23:53:46 EDT

I'm trying, in vain, to get the select() call to work on a serial port I've
opened. I need this program to poll the serial port for input occasionally,
but select() doesn't seem to do the trick for me here. It just times out.

Are there any specific tricks to getting select() to work on a serial port?

Thanks.

Bill