Re: [SLUG] SLE 10 is now shipping.

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 17:15:19 EDT

> Where ever you are acquiring your KDE fud from is disappointing and
> borders on sounding like a Microsoft proponent when it comes to
> generating FUD. Fact of the matter is that Novell employs a large number
> of KDE contributors and supports KDE quite well. Case in point is the
> fact that Novell and Trolltech hosted the recent KDE 4 core meeting (
> http://dot.kde.org/1151271635/ ) and Novell has 3 of the seven
> elected members of the Technical Working Group (
> http://dot.kde.org/1139614608/ ). Where is Debian, Ubuntu or other
> "non-commercially managed" distributors?

Non-commerical = NO MONEY. What is needed to send delvopers ou on these
meetings MONEY. What makes the world go around MONEY. What does non
commerically supported distro lack MONEY.

For a company that is abandoning KDE, Novell sure does invest a lot of
> resources in it.

Moot point Novell still has not said there sorry for forcing Netware on use
all those years ago. I still have netware 4 nightmares at night. Personally
I thinkg SUSE should drop both and support the Fluxbox project.