RE: [SLUG] DSL & Telephone Lines

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 22:29:33 EDT

>>Is there any particular type of wire one must use on the line side
feeding to the wall connector that then passes to the eathernet ?

Cat 3 is normally used for telephone. If the length is short (like 3'), you
can usually get away with non-twisted wire, like the silver flat extension
cables. But Cat 3 is a better choice because it is less likely to be
affected by RF.

You can also use Cat 5 for this.

Ken Elliott