[SLUG] Upgraded to 10.1 Yeeowwww!!

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2006 - 21:07:11 EDT

I had some small issues such as a loss of power in the middle of the up
grade (dog dived under computer table and shut down UPS due to thunder
noise, just as well of not had UPS... Now dog can not push against UPS
switch B-b;;;;;;;;;) Anyhow after recovering from that I got 10.1 in there, and
after it all my desktop came up, and all looked OK until I tried to get on
the net. Found that 10.1 found my interface and I was able after a while
to find that dhcpcd-test wlan0 would finally show it getitng all of the dhcp
data, but when I did a ifconfig wlan0 there was not IP address shown,
even though dhcpcd-test DID show one assigned.. I had to manually go
in and use ifconfig to attach the address to wlan0. At that point I had to
go in and do a manual route add default gw... Now I can ping things
out side of my local network... BUT if I try to use the browser there is no
communications from the browser to the IP stack it looks like. I have had
to deal with the route add for ever and ever (seem that they can not get
that to work for some reason, have to do it manually) but now all of this...

Anyone have any idea of what is going on? I thought maybe it was
permissions, but does not look that way...

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;